Friday, February 15, 2013

Socrative Attempt

I decided to go with a quiz on Socrative to help my students learn their vocabulary from last week. I'm teaching a level 3 CBI unit on garbage and recycling, so the students are getting a lot of new and not very frequent words. Because of the newness and the low frequency, I try to do a vocabulary activity every day and I thought Socrative would be a great way to let the students use their cell phones for a bit in the beginning of class and practice their words (recycle, reduce, reuse, garbage, trash, litter, waste, and decompose). When the students tried to get to the site on their cell phones, though, it did not work. It didn't work for me, either, when trying to access the site with my cell phone. Is it a computer only site? Instead, I read out the questions to them and they still had fun trying to figure out which word it was. Maybe Grockit would have been a better site to try. If you would like to import and view the quiz in the "import quizzes" section, the SOC number is SOC-839320. Maybe you'll have better luck with it than I did. Here's a screen shot of the quiz creation process:

No comments:

Post a Comment